A journal asked that I respond to a paper that briefly mentions the above. Notes to self include these general questions that I seldom find answers to in virtual heritage papers and not mentioned in my response (the journal has a strict word limit):
- Interpretation: It is very hard to extrapolate from VH papers how various interpretations are fostered.
- Beginnings: Where do you place a visitor in a virtual site?
- Dynamic alterity: How should or could they navigate time, space and interpretation?
- Art Versus Scientific Imagination: How should they separate artistic from current reality from interpreted virtuality? What if the artistry is impressive but speculative?
- Projects: Where can the projects (that apparently relate to the questions posed in the text), be experienced or otherwise accessed? How will they be preserved?
- Interactive Navigation: How do we navigate time, space, interpretation, and task/goal?
- Authenticity, accuracy and artistry: How does one balance all…
View original post 1 more word